Thursday, December 18, 2008

She got her ears pierced!

I have been talking to Brynlee for awhile now about getting her ears pierced and she always tells me "No I don't want my ears pierced." About a week or so ago her cousin Hailey got her ears pierced, when Brynlee say them she said they were beautiful but that she still didn't want her ears pierced. I dropped it till we went to the mall after her dance recital and we were walking past Clairs and a lady was getting her ears pierced so I asked Brynlee if she wanted to go and watch... she said yes. After watching I asked her if she wanted hers done and she said yes! I was kind of taken back so I asked her again and she still said yes! Well at this point I wasn't sure if I was really ready for my baby to have her ears pierced so I talked to her about it and made a point to tell her that it would hurt! We left the store so we could talk about it for awhile and she soon looked up at Kayloni and said "we need to get back to that store so I can get my ears pierced!" After much talk we went back! She was so serious while she was picking out her earrings (she wanted the ones just like Hailey)!! She knew that this was a big deal and she had a very serious look on her face the entire time! kayloni gave her a little pep talk and while doing so told Brynlee it would be ok to cry if she wanted to... well soon she sat in my lap and got it done! The ear gun clicked and she did really good. She sat there for a second and just looked at me, then she started to cry. My heart broke! I asked her if it hurt and she said 'no' so I asked her why she was crying and she said "cause Kayloni told me to." : ) She looked at herself in the mirror for quite awhile and she said"I look beautiful!" Maybe that's cause she heard me and Kayloni tell her that over and over!

All and all it went well, other than the fact that her Grandma and Grandpa were a little mad at me!! They were at the mall with us and I didn't tell them we were doing it! But come on they would have just tried to talk her out of it, so we decided that we would just surprise them with it!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a brave little girl!!! I love that she cried because Kayloni told her she could.

Angela said...

Hey Jess, I am so excited I found your blog. I didn't know you had one. Although who am I kidding everyone has one. Oh by the way this is Angela (Prestwich) Barlow. I found your blog from Beans blogs. Your Brynlee is a doll. It will be fun to keep up now.